Saturday, September 17, 2011

Find my iPhone/iPad/iPod

This is just a very quick post because it is something that I think is really useful to folks who have iPods/iPads/iPhones and don't know about it: how to find your device by tracking it online!  I know I heard about this but never set it up until I thought I'd lost my device this week.

So I went to How to set up Find my iPhone and did this -- and it works! On my laptop I logged into the free me.com account I had just created and directed it to to find my phone (which I have next to me as I type this while sitting on the couch at home). And magic -- there on the screen a map appeared showing a flashing blue dot hovering over the exact location of our house on a Google map! Next I did exactly the same thing for my iPod Touch and my iPad, and it works for them too. I'll show a screen shot below of what the Find My Phone results look like.


Now, if someone could just invent an app to help me find my phone inside our house when I can't remember where I put it, that would be really cool!

No comments: