Friday, September 30, 2011

How to Save Webpage as a PDF and then annotate it

This is just a quickie post because I was asked how to annotate a web page. I know there are other tools to do this, and invite others to jump in with suggestions here, but one quick and easy way is:


  1. save a web page as a PDF (on a Mac you just choose "print" but then instead of printing it you choose from the print window "save as PDF." Windows users, how do you do this on Windows?
  2. Then, once its a PDF, you can write on it and highlight, use notes and so on, either using Adobe Acrobat or on a Mac you can also use the Mac Preview program. I just did this with your blog here and "Jinged" it. 


1 comment:

Jackie Mosconi said...

Thanks, Helen. This is straight-forward. On a PC, you "save as" and select PDF, assuming you have the full Adobe Reader. There may be other ways to create a PDF, but that's what works for me.

I wonder if I would actually be able to get into the habit of annoting my readings this way. Means I have to get in the habit of laptop goes everywhere with me... :)